Sunday, November 9, 2008

Food Storage

How is your food storage?
The first two weeks in October is case lot sales here. Well, I purchased what I need and came home and put away the can goods. I could not put away the sugar or flour. I to find empty buckets to put the sugar and flour in. I found enough buckets to put the sugar in but not the flour. The flour set behind a couch in the living room. The stores were out of buckets. I finally got the buckets and put the flour in them. As you see. I did not get enough buckets so back to the store.

The red lid you see is called the Gamma Seal lid. It comes in two pieces and is easy to use. You just spin off the removable inside and then spin it back on.

2 comments:

Delora said...

I have seen those type of lids at Holly's house. She has two of them. They are expensive. Around six dollars for a lid. I won't be buying too many of those. I heard they are easy to work. I am glad I know you just in case you ever need to share with me. Ha, Ha!

Kim W said...

I LOVE gamma seal lids! When we first got our buckets, I felt like I was doing something right since I grew up watching Sis. Boyer use those sort of buckets for her flour and sugar! ha! I had forgotten about that until just now. You never know what sort of example you're giving when you're just living your life, huh!?