Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Harvest

I canned these pears on Monday night.




Here is my orchard. I have 8 fruit trees. In the back row are the apples trees; a Red Delicious, a Granny Smith and a Red Jonathan. In the middle row on the left is Apricot, in the middle is an Anjou Pear that I got all of these Pears from, and a Barttlett Pear. In the front on the left is a Peach and on the right is the Plum. As you can see I have been busy. I have been drying the apples. I canned the peaches and made jam. I only had a few Plums so I made some jam.



Here are some I picked from the pear tree. This is what is left after I canned some.


These are the pears I just canned tonight. I put red cinnamon hearts in them.

3 comments:

Delora said...

Good for you mom. You have been busy at work. Thanks for working so hard to share with me. I think yo do a fantastic job. Great job on your blog.

Kim W said...

Your blog is so cute. I didn't realize you were doing this. I love seeing your yard and all the fruits of your labor (literally). I'll keep checking up in your life.

Delora said...

Mom, I love this new background. Was it a free one? Maybe I will use it. Talk to you later.